Veggie Sushi Rolls
This sushi roll recipe will keep you fuller for longer than regular sushi. Seaweed is full of goodness so this makes a great nutrient packed snack.
Write a review
- 1 cup of brown Basmati rice
- 1 avocado
- ½ yellow sweet pepper
- 3" piece cucumber
- Small bunch of asparagus tips
- 3 sheets of sushi nori (available in most supermarkets)
- Sushi rolling mat (available in most supermarkets)
- Bragg Aminos or soy sauce to serve
- Rinse and soak the brown basmati rice for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the rice and place in a pan with a litre of boiling water and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cook the rise for 40 to 50 minutes, you want to slightly over cook it so it becomes sticky.
- Drain the rice.
- Blanch the asparagus tips in boiling water for 1 minute then drain.
- Take a sheet of the sushi nori and place it on the sushi rolling mat.
- Spread some rice onto the sheet and press it down firmly. Cover the entire sheet of nori but leave about an inch strip uncovered at the top of the nori.
- In the centre of the nori place the asparagus, pepper, avocado and cucumber so you have a strip of vegetables from left to right.
- Then start rolling the nori by lifting and rolling the mat until you get to the top.
- Then firmly roll the mat back and forward.
- Place the what should look a bit like a Swiss roll on a place and using a sharp knife cut into slices about 1 inch wide.
- Serve Bragg Aminos or soy sauce on the side for dipping.
Flourish Wellbeing https://flourishwell.co.uk/