Spiced Nut Mix
Nuts are a great snacking option and they are full of healthy fats but plain nuts can get a bit boring sometimes so why not spice them up a little bit. The only problem is you may not be able to stop once you get a taste of these so practice moderation and don't have more than a handful a day.
Write a review
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin and coriander powder
- 50g pecan nuts
- 50g cashew nuts
- 50g macadamia nuts
- 50g hazelnuts
- 50g pistachios
- 50g almonds
- Preheat your oven to 160°C
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lime juice, oil and spices.
- Add all the nuts to the bowl and mix until all the nuts are thoroughly coated with the oil and spices.
- Tip the entire contents of the bowl onto the parchment lined tray and spread the nuts out evenly, making sure they are not piled on top of each other.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 160°C but give them a mix around at around 15 minutes so that they bake evenly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container.
Flourish Wellbeing https://flourishwell.co.uk/