Herby Almond Tapenade
A delicious almond tapenade that is packed with herbs and flavour. Almonds are not only a great source of protein but also help to lower cholesterol and are great for colon health due to their high fibre content. Herbs and spices not only add flavour but they also have many health benefits. Basil is a great antibacterial, coriander is anti-inflammatory and helps with the digestion of fat and cumin enhances the livers detoxification enzymes. Enjoy this tapenade spread on oat cakes, as a dip for veggies, on top of your salad or my favourite, scooped into chicory leaves.
Write a review
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 50g fresh coriander
- Handful of mint leaves
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 unwaxed lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece of fresh turmeric root (optional)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Soak the almond in water over night.
- Drain and rinse the almonds and place in a blender.
- Add the zest of both lemons and juice of one to the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blitz until you have a virtually smooth paste.
- The tapenade will store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Flourish Wellbeing https://flourishwell.co.uk/