Halloumi & Quinoa Salad
Now that summers on it's way salads make a great lunch or side dish. I make up a big batch so I have a go to lunch when I'm busy. This one has a Middle Eastern twist and is full of flavour.
Write a review
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 block of Halloumi cheese
- 3 tsp. harissa paste
- 1 pomegranate
- Generous handful of flat leaf parsley
- Generous handful of coriander
- ½ cucumber
- 200gm cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Cook the quinoa as per the instructions on the packet.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the halloumi into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the chopped halloumi into a bowl and add the harissa paste and coat the halloumi chunks with the paste.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and had the halloumi to the pan making sure all the pieces are touching the base of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes and then turn the pieces over and cook until all the water that comes out of the halloumi has evaporated. stirring occasionally to make sure they don't burn. Once cooked set aside.
- Chop the cucumber, parsley and coriander and place in a large bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and add to the bowl.
- Deseed the pomegranate and add the seeds to the bowl.
- Drain the cooked quinoa and add to the rest of the ingredients along with the halloumi.
- Add the lemon juice and sprinkle in the pepper and paprika.
- Mix until everything is well combined and it's ready to serve.
- This salad goes well with grilled fish or chicken or enjoy it with a dollop of humus on the side.
- You shouldn't need to add salt to this recipe as halloumi is quite a salty cheese.
Flourish Wellbeing https://flourishwell.co.uk/