Egg and Spinach Curry
You might be thinking, egg? In a curry? but trust me this tastes amazing, is full of protein and tomatoey goodness.
Write a review
- 6 eggs
- 600g chopped plum tomatoes
- 100g spinach, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 6 cloves
- 2 inch piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cumin and coriander powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. mango powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Generous handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Hard boil and peel 6 eggs and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized pan on a medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and put the lid on as they will pop.
- When the mustard seeds start to pop add the cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick and temper for 15 seconds.
- Add the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic to the pan and stir. Cook until the onions are brown, stirring occasionally to avoid burning the onions.
- When the onions are brown, add the turmeric and cumin and coriander powder.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir.
- Add the mango powder (optional).
- Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Chop the boiled eggs into quarters and add to the pan along with the spinach and cook and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and salt to taste, stir and take off the heat.
Flourish Wellbeing https://flourishwell.co.uk/