Carrot, fennel & orange soup
As well as being a great taste combo, the ingredients of this soup are also helpful for digestion. Fennel is widely known for being a stomach soother and the fibre in the carrots and vitamin C from the orange help with keeping you regular. Fennel can also help to relieve water retention and bloating. So if you're just not feeling right in the belly region, this soup could be just what you need!
Write a review
- 14 medium carrots
- 3 oranges
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 tsp (heaped) vegetable bouillon (I use Marigold Organic Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the carrots and fennel and place in a large pan.
- Peel the oranges and remove the white pith and any seeds. Roughly chop and add to the pan.
- Add the caraway seeds and bouillon to the pan.
- Pour enough boiled water to the pan so that all the veg and oranges are completely covered.
- Put the pan on the heat and bring to the boil and then simmer on a medium heat until the carrots are soft.
- Once everything is cooked, turn off the heat and add the coriander leaves.
- Allow to cool down slightly before transferring the contents of the pan to a blender or you can use a stick blender if you prefer (less washing up).
- Blend until smooth and add salt and pepper to taste.
- I like my soup quite thick but if you prefer it to be thinner just had some hot water and blend until it is the consistency you like.
- With left overs, I normally decant the soup into portion size containers once its completely cooled down and pop them in the freezer for when you need a quick meal.
Flourish Wellbeing https://flourishwell.co.uk/