Very Chocolatey Gluten Free & Vegan Friendly Cake
There aren't many people who don't enjoy chocolate cake, and from time to time it's okay to have it. Let me remove a little of the guilt for you with this gluten free, dairy free and eggless cake. I love it, I hope you do too!
Write a review
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour/starch
- ⅔ cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups coconut milk (the drinking kind)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Grease a 12 inch loose bottom cake tin with some coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flax seeds with the water and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a large glass bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix using a balloon whisk. If the coconut oil starts to go lumpy place the bowl into some hot water and keep whisking.
- Add the flax seed and water mix.
- When all the wet ingredients are well combined, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything has been combined.
- You should notice a fizzing, don't worry, this is just the reaction between the bicarbonate of soda and the apple cider vinegar.
- Empty the contents into the greased cake tin ensuring the mixture is evenly spread.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 to 50 minutes. Check at 40 minutes using a skewer, if the skewer comes out with cake mixture on it, bake for a further 10 minutes.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/