Very Berry Granola
A tasty, crunchy granola with a dollop of organic yogurt is one of my favourite breakfast and sometimes dessert too. Shop bought granola's can be full of sugar so I came up with this recipe so that you get all the flavour without the sugar high.
Write a review
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dry coconut flakes
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used almond, pistachio, pecan, cashew and hazelnut)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 tbsp. rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup freeze dried berries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Roughly chop the nuts.
- Put all the ingredients except for the cacao nibs and freeze dried berries in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture out on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes regularly turning the mixture so that it browns evenly.
- I like to bake until its a golden brown colour so that it has a nice crunch.
- When it's ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, mix in the cacao nibs and freeze dried berries.
- Stored in an airtight container this granola can keep for several week but it tastes so good it may not last that long.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/