Savoury Crunch Biscuits
Simple, gluten free savoury biscuits that can be enjoyed as a healthy snack on their own or with dips like hummus and guacamole.
Write a review
- 1 cup gram flour / besan
- 2½ tbsp. olive oil (plus extra for greasing)
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. black onion seeds
- ½ tbsp. sesame seeds
- Approx. ¼ cup lukewarm water
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Mix the black onion seeds and sesame seeds together and set aside.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the water until you get a soft dough consistency. Don't add all the water at once as you don't want the mixture to be too sticky. Kneed well.
- Grease your work surface and rolling pin with a bit of olive oil and roll out the dough to about 2mm thick. If the dough starts to stick to the rolling pin just rub a little more oil onto it.
- Cut out using a biscuit cutter and place them onto the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the black onion seed and sesame seeds onto the biscuits and press them in firmly.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once the biscuits have cooled down they are ready to enjoy. They will keep in an airtight container for up to a couple of weeks.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/