Red Lentil Pasta with Sundried Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
This gluten free pasta dish makes a quick and easy mid week meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Write a review
- 250g Red lentil pasta
- 200g Baby courgettes or 1 regular courgette, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 70g sun dried tomatoes (the ones that come in a jar), drained
- 360g Jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 100g spinach, chopped
- Generous handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Place the sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, peeled garlic clove and basil In a food processor or blender and blend until you have a smooth paste like consistency.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, add the chopped onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the chopped courgette and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the blended sundried tomato and red pepper paste to the pan with the onions and cook on a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
- Once the pasta is cooked, take a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water and add to the pan with the pesto.
- Add the chopped spinach to the pesto and turn off the heat under the pan.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the pesto, season with salt and pepper to taste and gently stir until the pasta is thoroughly coated with the pesto.
- You can find red lentil pasta in many supermarkets these days but I quite like the one from Really Healthy Pasta which is available online at www.HealthySupplies.co.uk
- This also makes a great sauce for courgetti too.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/