Melt in your mouth, raw, peppermint chocolates that will make your taste-buds dance without feeling guilty.
Write a review
- 50g Raw cocao powder
- 70g Cocao butter
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom or organic rice malt syrup
- 6-8 Drops of peppermint essential oil (food grade)
- A kitchen thermometer
- Place the cocao butter in a large heat proof bowl.
- sift the cocao powder into the bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- When the butter is 75% melted gently mix ensuring that the temperature doesn't go above 43°C
- When the chocolate reaches 42°C remove from the pan, wipe any moisture from the bowl and transfer the mixture to a clean bowl.
- Stir in the Sweet Freedom and peppermint oil.
- You are now going to temper the chocolate. This will stop it from melting at room tempreture, give it a nice glossy finish.
- Using a flexable spatula, gently move the chocolate around the bowl, scraping down from the sides every few minutes until the tempreture comes down to 31°C.
- You can now pour the mixture into molds and allow to set either in the fridge or in a cool room.
- When the chocolates are completey set (usually in about 30 mins in the fridge) you can remove from the molds.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/