Millet & Butternut Squash Soup
This soup makes a hearty meal for either lunch or dinner. Millet is a great source of fibre, protein and is gluten free.
Write a review
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 cup whole millet, washed and drained
- 10 cups water, boiled
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 bay leaves
- handful parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp. dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat the coconut oil.
- When hot add the chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the chopped butternut squash, ginger, garlic and bay leaves. Cook for 1 minute, stirring so that the onions and squash don't stick to the pan.
- Add the millet and boiled water and turn the heat down to low.
- Add the turmeric, stock cube, mixed herbs and cayenne pepper to the pan then cover with a lid and allow to simmer for around 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add the spinach, parley and season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the millet is soft and the squash can be easily broken with a spoon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/