Mexican Bean Chilli
This bean chilli is full of mouth watering goodness. Protein, veggies, fibre, this meal will leave you feeling satisfied.
Write a review
- 1 carton of passata
- 1 can barlotti beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 150g mushrooms
- 125g baby sweetcorn
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. coriander powder
- ½ tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. brown cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 dry ancho chilli
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of Fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the dry ancho chilli in water and set aside.
- Dice the onion and chop the baby sweetcorn and mushrooms into chunky pieces.
- Drain and rinse all the beans.
- Add the oil to a medium size pan, place on a medium heat and add the onion.
- When the onion is translucent, add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes then add the beans and crushed garlic and mix.
- Add the passata to the pan and mix and lower the heat a bit.
- Remove the ancho chilli from the water and finely chop.
- Add the chilli, spices, herbs (except the fresh coriander) and the sugar to the pan as well as some salt and pepper. Gently stir in until everything in incorporated. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the baby sweetcorn and lime juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally chop the fresh coriander and add to the pan. Stir in and take the pan off the heat.
- Voila, it's ready to eat!
- This chilli is great served on a bed of brown rice and topped with a spoon of Greek yogurt and some chopped avocado.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/