Healthiest Chocolate Orange Truffles Ever
Chocolate! Who doesn't enjoy the delicious dark stuff? This recipe tastes indulgent but is packed with goodness. These truffles have no added sugar and instead have the natural sweetness of dates. Dates are a good source of soluble and insoluble fibre and cacao is rich in antioxidants. Maca is great for enhancing energy and for hormone balancing. NB. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding please leave out the maca.
Write a review
- 10 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 2 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 4 drops of sweet orange essential oil (food grade) or zest of 1 orange
- ½ tsp. maca powder (optional)
- Place the dates and coconut oil into a food processor until dates are finely chopped.
- Add the cacao powder, almond flour, maca, orange oil or zest and 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut to the food processor and blitz until everything is mixed.
- Roll the mixture into bite size balls and roll into the remaining desiccated coconut.
- This recipe makes about 8 to 10 truffles.
- Refrigerate. Once the truffles are firm they are ready to enjoy.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding leave out the maca powder.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/