Golden Coconut Milk
Turmeric has so many benefits for health. It has been highly researched for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin which has been shown stop the growth and spread of cancer, provide relief form inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and provide protection against Alzheimer's disease. This comforting and delicious drink makes a great nightcap.
Write a review
- 1 mug coconut milk (the drinking kind, not from a tin)
- 2 cardamom pods
- ½ tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and crush into a fine powder using a pestle and mortar.
- Add the turmeric powder and a tablespoon of the milk to the cardamom and mix to a paste making sure there are no lumps of turmeric.
- In a milk pan, heat the remaining coconut milk until it starts to simmer.
- Add the turmeric paste and honey to the pan and stir.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the milk to simmer for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/