Fresh and Crunchy Salad
Salads are my go to meals in the summer and this one makes a great lunch or side salad. The fresh and zingy Asian flavours of the dressing tops it off nicely.
Write a review
For the salad
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
- 300g baby new potatoes (halved and boiled)
- 100g fine green beans (blanched)
- 100g mange tout
- 100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ cucumber (seeds scooped out and sliced)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cooked couscous
- ½ sweet red pepper (chopped)
- 60g olives
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp. crème fraiche (or you can use Greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 inch piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 red chilli chopped (I used the fatter red chilli as they aren't too hot but have a nice flavour)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep the quinoa, couscous and all your vegetables for the salad and mix everything together in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl place all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Add the dressing when you're ready to serve to keep the fresh, crunchiness of the salad.
- It really couldn't be simpler than that.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/