Creamy Avocado Courgetti
Courgetti is a great way to get kids and adults alike to eat more veg. It tastes great and you won't miss the pasta at all. Avocados and cashews add a great source of healthy fats which will make this dish thoroughly satisfying.
Write a review
- 4 courgettes
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup cashew nuts (soaked for at least 3 hours)
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. herb de provence
- 1 tsp. black onion seeds (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 100g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100g asparagus tips
- Bag of rocket leaves to serve
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for at least 3 hours.
- Put the courgettes through a spiralizer (if you don't have a spiralizer grate the courgette length ways)
- Drain the cashew nuts an place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop out the avocados and add to the blender along with the juice of 1 lemon, pumpkin seeds, basil leaves and blend until smooth.
- In a large wok, heat a teaspoon of coconut oil and add the chopped onion. Cook until the onions turn transparent.
- Add the crushed garlic and mix into the onions.
- Add the asparagus and the courgetti and stir fry for a minute (you want the courgette to turn soggy, you want it to have a little bite to it).
- Add the creamy cashew and avocado sauce to the wok along with the paprika, herb de provence, salt and pepper and stir through until all the courgetti is coated with the sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix through the courgetti.
- Serve the courgetti on a bed of rocket leaves and sprinkle with the black onion seeds.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/