Bounty bars were a childhood favourite for me so I just had to find a way of making a healthier alternative for the occasional treat.
Write a review
- 1 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons honey or Sweet Freedom
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 200gm good quality dark chocolate to coat - I like Green & Blacks 80% Dark or if you want these to be super healthy you can use the raw chocolate recipe (Peppermint Dream minus the peppermint oil).
- Mix the desiccated coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk and honey or Sweet Freedom into a bowl and mix well.
- Once mixed take roughly about a teaspoon and roll into a ball.
- Place the ball onto a tray lined with baking parchment and repeat until all of the mixture is made into balls.
- Place the tray of coconut balls into the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt 2/3 of the chocolate over a bain marie when it is completely melted take the bowl of the bain marie and put the remaining chocolate into the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Mix until all the chocolate has melted. Doing this will temper the chocolate so you get a nice snap when you bite into it.
- Take the coconut balls and one by one dip into the melted chocolate using a folk and make sure the entire ball is coated.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off and then place on a parchment lined tray.
- When you've repeated this process with all the coconut balls place the tray in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set - they normally take about 15-20 minutes to set hard.
- Put your feet up and enjoy a little blast from the past without any guilt.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/