Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake
Salted caramel and chocolate cake sounds really naughty but this cake is not as sinful as you may think and tastes lush.
Write a review
For the cake
- 140g almond flour
- 40g coconut flour
- 60g cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the caramel
- 150g dates (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. of water that the dates were soaked in
- couple of pinches of sea salt
- 100g chopped unsalted pistachios for topping
- Heat the oven to 180°C
- Grease a 9 inch loose bottom cake tin.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and eggs together using and electric whisk on a medium speed until the mixture looks light and fluffy.
- Add the butter and continue whisking for 30 seconds
- Fold in the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder and vanilla extract until everything is well incorporated.
- Empty into the cake tin and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, place the soaked dates, 2 tablespoons of the water they were soaked in, the melted coconut oil and salt into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- When the cake is baked allow it to stand for 5 minutes and then turn it out onto a plate.
- While the cake is still warm spread the salted caramel onto the cake and top with the chopped pistachios.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/