Chewy, gooey, chocolaty brownies that are gluten free, suitable for vegans and still taste extremely good.
Write a review
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp. buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 100g good quality 70% dark chocolate
- 12 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 9 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 125g fresh raspberries
- Peirce the sweet potatoes with a knife and bake in the oven at 200°C for about 40 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking
- Place the ground flaxseed and water in a bowl and allow to soak.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small chunks.
- When the potatoes are cooked place to one side to cool, make sure they are really soft.
- Drop the oven temperature to 180°C.
- Place the ground flaxseed and water in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cool, scoop out the flesh and put in the blender.
- Melt the coconut oil and place in the blender and add the dates.
- Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients (if you use liquid vanilla extract add to the blender with the other wet ingredients).
- Empty the wet ingredient mix to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Gently mix in the raspberries.
- Transfer to the baking tray and bake at 180°C for 40 to 50 minutes.
- You want them to be slightly gooey in the middle but firm on top.
- Set aside to cool (if you can wait), once completely cool cut into squares.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/