Caramelised Cinnamon Apples on Coconut Porridge
Porridge is a great, filling start to the day but it can get a bit bland after a while. Try this jazzed up recipe if you're bored of your plain old porridge in the morning, I promise you'll love it!
Write a review
- ½ cup porridge oats
- 1 apple - I used a Gala apple
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk (from a carton not a tin)
- Soak the oats overnight in water if you can as this gives a lovely creamy consistency to the porridge.
- Slice the apples.
- Add the apples to a pan with the coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Cook on a medium heat until the apples are soft.
- When the apples are cooked, empty them out into a bowl.
- Put the oats and coconut milk in the pan (no need to wash it out after cooking the apples).
- Simmer on a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes (if you didn't get a chance to soak the oats then cook for a further 5 minutes).
- Once cooked, add the oats to the apples and tuck in while it's hot.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/