Broccoli Soup with Fragrant Thai Spices
Warming, hearty, delicious this broccoli soup is full of flavour but is also a great cleanser. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli are great for the liver and the sulphoraphane in them has also been shown to have anti-cancer benefits. Onion, garlic, ginger and herbs such as coriander and basil have great antibacterial properties and also help the cleansing process.
Write a review
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (including the stalk)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 10-12 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. creamed coconut
- 1½ pints of boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, melt the coconut oil.
- Add the onion and cook on a medium heat until translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, kaffir lime leaves and cook for 30 seconds, stirring to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add the broccoli, boiling water and creamed coconut to the pan and turn the heat down. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, coriander and basil and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Take of the heat and allow to cool down.
- Once cool place the contents of the pan in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Put the soup back in the pan, add salt and pepper to taste and warm through when you're ready to serve.
Flourish Wellbeing http://flourishwell.co.uk/